Rescue 15 is a telephonic aid provided by the police to facilitate the public and cater to emergencies. All calls are automatically received, responded, lodged and recorded by 3 assistants through their computers. Data recorded from callers include the caller’s name, time & date of the incident, place of incident, detail of concerned police station and nature of crime.
Processing of Complaints
- Information of any heinous or cognizable offence is immediately passed on to DPO by the head of rescue 15.
- Team leader also passes the information to wireless control & GPS in-charge. Wireless control directs police mobile towards crime scene/point of incident.
- GPS in-charge updates wireless control about the position of the nearest patrolling vehicle for dispatching to the point of occurrence for prompt response.
- Police mobile reaches at the crime scene within 3 to 5 minutes in urban areas and 7 to 10 minutes in rural areas.
- After receiving information from wireless control that police mobile has reached to the place of incident, team leader calls the aggrieved or victim through official landline number to verify whether police mobile has reached at the said place or not.
- To initiate legal proceedings against the offender, caller is advised to contact the concerned police station.
General Positioning System (GPS)
Police Department of District Sheikhupura has introduced GPS tracking and digital monitoring for the fleet of 43 vehicles (patrol vehicles of police stations & police posts, headquarter vehicles including trucks, buses, prison vans, and ambulances). GPS monitors and controls the following activities:
- If any mobile van remains static for more than 30 minutes at any point, it is intimated to change the position and follow the proper patrolling SOPs.
- If any mobile van goes out of order the patrolling officer promptly informs GPS control. To handle such situation patrolling team establishes a picket for random checking of vehicles and report back to GPS control about their performance.
- If any mobile van is engaged for a secret mission, concerned station house officer informs the GPS control before departure.
- At the end of every month fuel consumption report for every mobile van is prepared according to the monthly mileage recorded through GPS system.